This session starts by presenting examples of how screenshots can really add value to software documentation and user assistance. You’ll then learn the key steps you need to take at capture time: these include guidelines on setting colour depth, sizing UI objects, and capturing drop-down menus. The session concludes with demonstrations of the most popular and powerful screen capture tools and strategies that are available.
You will learn:
- Where, when, and how screenshots can really add value
- The key steps for capturing a window, screen region, or object successfully
- An overview of the tools available
- The strengths and weaknesses of each tool
- A range of powerful tips for saving time
- Guidelines on single-sourcing screenshots for print- and screen-based presentation
This session is delivered by Matthew Ellison.