Marilyn Heron and Nick Tonge give an insight into their varied roles at Pace plc, showing how these have extended beyond that of the traditional author. Using examples of their work in consumer electronics for the Americas market, they describe:
- How they became responsible for designing the labelling on products and cartons. This led to:
- input into product design
- increased understanding of the manufacturing processes
- discussions with suppliers
- research into labels and materials
- How they took over the design of carton artwork
- How their typical authoring tasks changed, moving away from user manuals, words and paper.