We are pleased to announce Chris West as a keynote speaker for TCUK 2016.
Chris West is a professional writer. He writes marketing and PR copy, ghost-writes and publishes works in a range of genres under his own name. His most recent publication is Hello Europe! A History of Modern Europe in Sixty Eurovision Song Contests.
The Beermat Entrepreneur was co-written with Mike Southon, co-founder of 1980s training company The Instruction Set. It was published in 2002 and was one of the first of a new generation of books on entrepreneurship. Previous ones had been rather dry manuals. Beermat told it like it was. The book has been translated into many languages and sold over 60,000 copies in the UK.
Chris West: Life on a Beermat
The Beermat Entrepreneur was one of the bestselling entrepreneurship books of the 2000s. I shall tell the story of how it got written and promoted, and what we did to turn the book into a ‘brand’ – what we got right and what we got wrong!
I shall look at (amongst other things):
- Choosing the right subject
- Choosing the right co-author
- Working with a subject-matter expert
- Choosing a publisher and working with them
- Getting publicity
- Building a brand
- Brand extensions that worked – other Beermat books, speaking
- Brand extensions that didn’t work
- The importance of keeping focus and momentum