Ellis Pratt will be presenting at TCUK16 on “Moving into API documentation writing”.
With many software developers now spending their time developing APIs, there’s an increasing demand for API documentation writers. However, Technical Communicators might be uncertain how to migrate to these roles.
In this session, we’ll look at:
- What is an API and what is API documentation?
- The role of an API documentation writer, and how it differs from mainstream Technical Author roles
- The skills you need as a writer of API documentation
- The tools used to create API documentation
- Becoming an API documentation writer
About Ellis Pratt
Ellis Pratt is a Director and Help Strategist at Cherryleaf, a technical writing services and training company based near London, in the United Kingdom. He has over 20 years of experience working in the field of documentation, has a BA in Business Studies, and is an Associate of the Institution of Engineering and Technology. Ellis was ranked the most influential blogger on technical communication in Europe, and he is also on the management council for the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC).