Presentation slides from TCUK 2017, by kind permission of the respective presenters.
The theme for TCUK 2017 was Staying on topic, that is, topic-based writing, or modular content creation.
For an overview of the complete programme for TCUK 2017, see Conference Programme TCUK 2017.
- Mark Dennett: How to win friends as a technical author, and influence the development of software (PPTX)
- Matthew Ellison: Re-use Strategies for Topic-based Authoring (PDF)
- Maja Engel: Plunging into the waters of UX (PDF)
- Frances Gordon: Dealing with jargon and technical terms (PDF)
- Frances Gordon: Why topic-based writing and plain language need each other (PDF)
- Holli Hamilton: The Glossary is Dead Long Live the Glossary (PPTX)
- Robert Kratky: Going Modular Turning Legacy Docs into User-Story-Based Content (PDF)
- Eran “Yuri” Kolber: Best Practices Migration (PDF)
- Eran “Yuri” Kolber: To Video Or Not To Be (PDF)
- Joanna Kusiak: Topic-Based Authoring Tools Adapting to Organisational Evolution (PPTX)
- Phil Lane: Creating content and output for mobile and embedded devices (PPTX)
- Andrew Mills: It’s in the Game – The art of Creating a Helpful Video Game Guide (PPTX)
- Alison Peck: There must be a better way (PPTX)
- Ellis Pratt: Documentation as self-service support (PDF)
- Praveena Sabarish: Audience Analysis – A smart way to understand our customers (PPTX)
- Thomas Schubert, Angela Peter: Industry 4.0 and documentation 4.0 (PDF)
- Stephanie Steinhardt (for Thomas Schubert): API Documentation (PDF)
- Alison Turner: Topics for teenagers (PPTX)
- Danielle Villegas: The Future of Mobile Learning (PPTX)
- Rob Woodgate: Creating Integrated API Documentation Experiences for Users (PPTX)